Olympus 12-100 f4 or a new system?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tommih New Member • Posts: 5
Olympus 12-100 f4 or a new system?

Which should I get? I need a small and weather sealed system for hiking and trips. Don't want to carry around more than 1 lens. Tried with multiple and changing them but it was extremely inconvenient in the middle of the woods. I already have a E-M1.2, but no weather sealed lenses and no superzooms like 12-100.

What I'm wondering is if there's a compact camera or a solution that I wouldn't have to shell out over 1000 for a lens, but with as good or greater image quality and as good or longer reach.

I feel some used Nikon or Canon DSLRs might be there, but they are a lot larger.

There's also the 14-150 and 12-200 but those seem to be an order of magnitude less in IQ than the 12-100.

Also at some point I'm probably going full frame and that means the 12-100 is kind of waste of money at this point. Although if the M43 system is still considerably smaller and weights less, maybe that's not such a bad idea.

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow