Lens suggestion for fixing Cannon Kit Lens Cannon Zoom EF-S 18-55mm 1:4-5.6 IS STM.

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
OP ssppss Regular Member • Posts: 142
Re: Lens suggestion for fixing Cannon Kit Lens Cannon Zoom EF-S 18-55mm 1:4-5.6 IS STM.

I want to thank everyone for sharing their expertise. It is a wonderful community where people selflessly share their knowledge and help everyone out.

I want to conclude the thread by posting what I did. I researched and found a few lenses to buy instead of the Kit lens, keeping my budget in my mind. The suggestions from this group were critical. The recommendation for where to buy was also incredibly helpful.

However, my kid insisted on buying the Kit lens. The logic was to keep the setup light and versatile. All the lens I chose were bigger or heavier. Understanding that need, I elected to buy a kit lens. I could find some used ones for $60-80 but found a new one in a nondescript box from some camera chain on Amazon for $110 or so and went for it.

The new Kit lens is awesome. To my untrained eyes it is sharper than the one that broke.

Everyone is happy.

Thanks once again.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow