Help needed with Raya Pro problem

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ppage
ppage Senior Member • Posts: 2,233
Help needed with Raya Pro problem

I’ve used Raya Pro’s InstaMask to create luminosity masks for several years but suddenly it’s not working properly anymore. The mask goes full white when I choose the type of adjustment layer to which it should be applied.

For example, if I create a Darks 6 mask, I can see the correct mask on top of my image and in the thumbnail in the InstaMask layer, but as soon as I tell Raya Pro that I want to put this mask on a Levels adjustment for example, the Levels adjustment layer is created and the Instamask layer disappears as they should, but the mask in the thumbnail on the Levels adjustment layer is empty.

I can work around this by creating the Levels adjustment layer first, creating my mask, selecting the Levels adjustment layer, and then telling InstaMask that I want the mask applied to the selected layer, but that shouldn’t be necessary.

I have no idea why the software has changed behaviour, I haven’t update Raya Pro since last November. I updated Photoshop on September 10 but have successfully created masks using InstaMask since then.

Does anyone have any insights into this problem?

Many thanks.
Peter

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow