Another set of 10 with the EM5.3 & 12-200 kit!

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
glassoholic
glassoholic Veteran Member • Posts: 6,292
Re: Another set of 10 with the EM5.3 & 12-200 kit!

Yannis1976 wrote:

Hi,

going on with my testing of the EM5.3 & 12-200 kit, I keep getting some nice -for my standards- shots:

A moon from last night. Not as detailed as you would get from longer lenses, but still decent.

Today at the sea today, pp to more dramatic look

This is where we went for swimming today. As soon as sea got rough, I went out to capture the scene

Cropped and dehazed in LR. Check previous photo to understand how much I zoomed

A little bug jumping and looking for food!

Not much flowers on the rocks next to sea, but still beautiful

Some more from the stormy sea

Wish I could go closer but no... pp with Topaz Denoise AI Clear

Since I couldn't get much details from heavy crop decided to just pp the whole scene with the butterfly in her natural environment

So this is again the strength of the 12-200. Optically is not fantastic, though not bad either, but its light, weather resistant, focuses fast and is super versatile when you want to carry just one lens.

For anyone interested. at the same time I am also testing the RX10IV. Technically the Sony camera is superb. Better CAF, sharper, longer and faster lens, nothing to blame it really. BUT, despite the softer lens, I would still prefer the EM5.3 &12-200 kit. Its a bit lighter and smaller, can take other lenses if you like, has better colors and turns on and zooms much faster. Personally I cant really enjoy the RX10 IV.

Nice set of pics and I feel like doing a walkabout now!

The RX10IV is amazing... until you want to shoot ultra wide or fisheye, or a f1.2 portrait lens or want a coat pocketable body plus small prime like a GX9 with 14mm f2.5 for some indiscreet social pics.

But an amazing camera regardless and one I would recommend to any enthusiast friend of mine wanting maximum capability without having to change lenses.

-- hide signature --

Addicted To Glass
M43 equivalence: "Twice the fun with half the weight"
"You are a long time dead" -
Credit to whoever said that first and my wife for saying it to me... Make the best you can of every day!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow