Santorini Afterglow (Today)

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
Yannis1976
Yannis1976 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,984
Re: Santorini Afterglow (Today)

Porquinho wrote:

Yannis1976 wrote:

OR what I am doing is that I use one lens for a couple of hours and then change to another one. Yes I may be missing some opportunities, but I remove the stress or changing lenses. For example while hiking, I go one route with one lens and the return with the other.

I do this, too. But this time I find it hard to resist the wide angle shots so I leave the 16mm on almost all the time. Tonight I sat still for a couple of hours for the sunset in Oia and tried to use the 35 a bit. It's easier when I am not constantly on the move and seeing new opportunities for wide shots.

Not sure the 70-300 would be of much use. Maybe for that fantastic sunset or some seagulls... I would still get a normal zoom like the 16-80 or at least the 35/1.4 or 35/2.

I had to use my X30 for some closer shots of the windmills in Oia tonight. Also tired the 35mm. I thought with a longer zoom I could get shots of blue domes from an elevated spot somewhere with a water backdrop and without people who are always blocking the views.

Hahaha... there are many places in Greece where time has stopped

One of the reasons I love Greece!

Since you enjoyed Santorini, next stop could be Folegandros or if you don't mind traveling for long Amorgos (my favorite)

-

Yannis1976's gear list:Yannis1976's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Canon G5 X II Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow