What if the only thing you care about in the R3 is Eye AF?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MinAZ
MinAZ Veteran Member • Posts: 5,685
What if the only thing you care about in the R3 is Eye AF?

I've read the specs for the upcoming R3, and the machine is definitely very impressive. However, for my needs, I don't really care about all that, I mean the R5 I already have is fine as it is and much cheaper (not to mention I already have it in my possession). However, the one feature that does really intrigue me is the Eye AF. From the early reports and reviews, it seems that this feature is working well (Richard Butler says that it is indispensable in his recent review on DRP).

The question is, is Eye AF alone worth the upgrade? Assuming that it really is as good as they claim and that you would want to use it? I am sure there are many people who either don't care or don't want it, and later reports many show that it is not quite as good as the hype, but let's just say it lives up to the hype and you are among those who would replace your old joystick or touch AF with Eye AF. In such a scenario, does it seem worth it to spend the big bucks to upgrade to an R3?

Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow