GR3 minimum shutter speed setting

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
John Keiffer Regular Member • Posts: 201
Re: GR3 minimum shutter speed setting

TL:DR Set min to a low/slow number not high one.

I'm sure someone else will be able to explain this faster, easier, and more simply than me, but since you don't have any replies yet I'll try.

Minimum is the slowest that you would like the camera to shoot at, and maximum is the max speed would would like it to shoot at.

When you set the min to 1000, then yes, the camera shoots everything at 1000. When you set it to 100, and got all 100 shots, that is probably due to the scenes you were shooting and the settings you were using on the camera.

WIth the GRIII I would think you could set the min to probably 30 and still get good results. I don't have one, so someone else can confirm. Plus if you are using shake reduction like ibis, you could maybe go even lower.

It all depends on what you are trying to do, but also what the camera thinks you should be doing. Unless you are in complete manual mode, the camera is making decisions for you still, and usually getting them right anyway.

-- hide signature --

John

John Keiffer's gear list:John Keiffer's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon Coolpix A Fujifilm X30 Canon EOS 300D Sony a6000
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow