Any love for GIMP ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
CAcreeks
CAcreeks Forum Pro • Posts: 17,325
Re: Missing the point--what GIMP cannot do

TorsteinH wrote:

Here is what Affinity writes themself about their layers themself...

"Incredible live filter layers
Effects like blurs, lighting, distortions and perspective corrections can all be applied as non-destructive live filter layers. This means you can erase away from them, mask them, reorder them and adjust parameters at any time. It’s a completely new way to work."

I agree that's pretty smart, just like an edit in DxO and Lightroom, and can in some cases save a lot of work... Smart of Affinity to make that automatic.

Yes, sounds good, and deserving of a different thread with photographer use cases.

With DxO, the only time I undo a previous edit is after changing exposure compensation I then apply smart lighting, so compensation was not needed. If PL4 displayed these modules in reverse order, it would happen less.

(Darktable tutorials recommend starting with exposure compensation. Is this standard?)

With GIMP, when I don't like an edit, I undo it immediately. I've never had to go back more than a few history events.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow