R3 vs R5; only ONE question!...

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jazon
Jazon Forum Member • Posts: 79
R3 vs R5; only ONE question!...

Hi,

I shoot in the dark without flash, see examples here: www.instagram.com/jasonmoon

I only care about one single thing, but can't really find anything much about it in the reviews, I guess it's all too early for it. All there are are theoretical comparisons, not real-world ones. So I guess I'm wondering has anyone seen any real-world comparisons yet, or even better, actually had the chance to use the two cameras to compare side by side in this regard?

All I care about is which one is better in low light, and that is the one I'm buying. I've been waiting for the R3 to come out, that's why I didn't get the R5, as I needed to wait and see which one was better for low light. In theory, it must be the R3 of course, but is it really that much better? If anyone knows, I would be very grateful for any insight
PS - I guess a sub-question would be, is the R3 better than the R6 in low light, as the R6 while not being as good a camera as the R5, is better in low light. But I'm not sure if it's better than the R3 in that way? I'm hoping the R3 is better in low light than the R6 so I can have all the extra features and build quality etc of the R3 🤞🏻. But, I'm cool with the R5 or R3 if the R5 is better in low light then so be it and I will get that one.
Thank you in advance for any thoughts <3

Jazon's gear list:Jazon's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow