Pentax K lens on Fujifilm X body: Aperture does not change

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
perkwunos New Member • Posts: 5
Pentax K lens on Fujifilm X body: Aperture does not change

I have a Fujifilm X-T2 with a Novoflex adapter from PK o FX, and a Pentax Asahi 1:1.2 50mm lens. Using the aperture ring on the lens changes absolutely nothing. The pictures are taken with the exact same aperture every time. Is there some setting in the camera that I have to activate, to make it understand that a non-native lens is fitted (through an adapter)?

Taking off the lens from the camera and turning the aperture ring also does not change the aperture. I am not (I am sort of a beginner/very rusty intermediate skill shooter) if this is normal behavior, and if the problem in that case could actually be with the lens.

EDIT: I may have found the solution already. The aperture setting on the Novoflex adapter should be set to "closed", meaning the smaller circle. See image below:

In fact, this information was already sort of in the brief manual that was supplied with the adapter:

(Sorry for the poor image quaity.)

Another question: Could it in any way have harmed my lens that I did attach it and use it with the aperture setting on the adapter set to open?

In any case, using my camera and lens should now be a lot more fun now that I can actually change the aperture!

Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow