Power delivery power bank for R6 ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
thunder storm Senior Member • Posts: 7,686
Re: Power delivery power bank for R6 ?

mermaidkiller wrote:

For my R6 I want to have a power bank, but standard power banks don't have PD (power delivery) which is required.

I found this one between more on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/PowerCore-Capacity-Delivery-External-Compatible-dp-B08FX8GKJ5/dp/B08FX8GKJ5/ref=dp_ob_title_wld

Can it also be used charging / powering the camera, while it is being charged itself ?

Does anyone have experiences with power banks on an R6 ?

Not the exact answer on your question, but you could consider buying the Nitecore UCN2 Pro. It can charge one battery at 1200 mAh or two simultaneously at 800mAh with only USB A + QC 0.2. With a USB-A to USB-C adapter USB-C works just as well.

With a dumb USB A charger/power bank it charges the first battery with 1000 mAh until it's full and continues with charging the other also at 1000 mAh.

In my opinion 1000 mAh is not bad, and you have the flexibility to use any USB source as long as you have at least USB A with 2.0 Amps... To my eye that's great, especially because power banks can also run out of juice.

With a separate charger you can also run the camera on one battery while charging the other without any cables attached to your camera. And you can use your current power bank as well.

Charging and powering at the same time is possible, however, your power bank doesn't need to be USB-C PD only for that, it also has to be quite powerful (45Watts if my memory serves me well). That's expensive, it's quite some hassle with cables while shooting...., I wouldn't go that route.

-- hide signature --

I love 50mm (equivalence)

thunder storm's gear list:thunder storm's gear list
Canon EOS M6 II Canon EOS R5 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 35-80mm f/4.0-5.6 III Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM +18 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow