Problem with Oympus Pen-F: Corrupted ORF files - No SD problem.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jeduar
jeduar New Member • Posts: 14
Problem with Oympus Pen-F: Corrupted ORF files - No SD problem.

Hello

I would like to share with you a problem I have found with my 16 months old Olympus Pen-F. It has been working perfectly for the last 12 months or so... and suddenly it has begun to produce ORF files that are corrupt. No .jpg has ever been produced... I read in other threads that it could be due to a defective SD. But I think is not.

Even if I analyzed it and no utility found any problem on it (it was a 32Gb SanDisk Extreme ) I purchased another one: a 64Gb SanDisk Extreme Pro and the problem appeared again. It's not a SD problem, files are written and retrieved without any problem and low level formatting doesn't show any defective sectors.

I have checked, I am at the latest (and old) camera firmware version 3.1.

I am a registered user of DXO Photolab 4.0 and I use it to convert the RAW to JPG. Just in case I installed the latest version of Olympus Workspace. The problem also appears. Although the screen rendering on the two applications of the ORF file is the same, the jpg produced are a bit different.

I am a bit suspicious, because in version 3.1 firmware (2019) it's stated that "Stability of operation when using SD card (UHS-II) has been improved." Do you know which were the stability problems people had at that time?

Do you know if this a defective camera?

I link (I am a bit new to forum use... and none of my accounts seems to allow pictures to be inserted) only one file but for every bad ORF it's the same:

The files are available here: https://ehubox.ehu.eus/s/pBFtBnL5T4c6dbG

The ORF file: P9180018.ORF

The camera produced jpg: P9180018.JPG

The DXO Photolab 4 produced jpg: P9180018_DxO.jpg

The Olympus Workspace producen jpg: P9180018-wks.jpg

The caption of the ORF in DXO4: DXO-RAW.png

The capture of the ORF in Olympus Workspace: OLYMPUS-WKS-RAW.png

Best regards

Eduardo

PD: Edited links (twice)

jeduar's gear list:jeduar's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D7100 Nikon D610 Olympus PEN-F Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED +20 more
Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow