LX10 Impressions

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Puppy2007 Regular Member • Posts: 443
Re: LX10 Impressions

Shiny Object wrote:

reduction way down and increase sharpness for jpegs is good. But I find the RAW files with a little work come out better than the jpegs.

I still keep it as a second camera to my Sony A7C. I really like the touch interface, very effective image stabilization, the F1.4 lens and good 4K video. I shoot RAW only as it provides much better quality over the out of camera JPEG. It is fun to use camera in general. The only feature I don't like is the Auto ISO that tends to use unnecessary high ISO not taking advantage of the great image stabilization, so the manual setting is required.

There are also very few camera vendors making camera like this nowadays. That's why I bought 3 years extended warranty provided by Panasonic last year after the lens module had to be replaced (under original 2 years warranty fortunately), because the automatic lens cover mechanism got stuck.

I have the same experience regarding the dirt. After the lens was replaced it took few weeks only to get a dust inside again. I always carry it in a small protective bag and clean the dust on the extended lens tube. As for the wide end sharpness, lens sample variance plays a big role on these cameras. If I want a decent one, I use my Sony A7C + 20/F1.8 G lens.

Even live show low-light pictures have acceptable quality given the 1" sensor.

Suicide Commando at E-Only Festival 2020, Leipzig

Puppy2007's gear list:Puppy2007's gear list
Panasonic LX10 Sony a7C Sony FE 20mm F1.8G Samyang AF 75mm F1.8 FE Tamron 28-200mm F2.8-5.6 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow