Discouraging - OMD presence

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
acfo Senior Member • Posts: 1,181
Re: Facts are facts

Shadowsurfer wrote:

Olympus and M43 have always been less popular in the USA compared to Europe and Asia I believe.

Olympus is quite popular in Germany.

Maybe it is an OMD strategy to move towards online sales, my younger neighbours even get the groceries delivered after shopping online. The renewal of my HiFi system was done online, as nobody local stocked the isosteric stuff I wanted.

We started ordering our groceries online during the first lockdown and only go shopping offline for the fresh groceries. Corona accelerated a behavioral change which was already ongoing. Our cities now have shopping space which isn't needed any more.

My accountant once told that in big retail outlets like supermarkets, brands actually pay to have their goods displayed, this might well be true in this camera supermarket you visited.

Not only supermarkets but also electronics outlets, bookstores, and a lot more large stores and chains jumped onto that band wagon in the 90s.

acfo's gear list:acfo's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Fsi
MNE
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow