Santorini Afterglow (Today)

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
Yannis1976
Yannis1976 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,112
Re: Santorini Afterglow (Today)

Porquinho wrote:

Yannis1976 wrote:

It’s a fantastic island and you chose the best season to visit it (September)! Nice photos!

I had wanted to ask for your suggestions on lenses for Santorini but never got around to it.

I have no zooms. The 16/1.4 for landscape and tight spaces, the only wide lens I have. Works out well so far.

Yes, I would highly suggest a wide lens for a Greek island. Lots of villages and landscapes to capture. You did well you brought this.

Also have my new 35/1.2 with me but quickly found out it's really cumbersome to change lenses all the time. Looks like I need to research a second small body.

OR what I am doing is that I use one lens for a couple of hours and then change to another one. Yes I may be missing some opportunities, but I remove the stress or changing lenses. For example while hiking, I go one route with one lens and the return with the other.

The 70-300 got delivered to my neighbours on my second day in Greece. Would have been nice to have this zoom for Santorini.

Not sure the 70-300 would be of much use. Maybe for that fantastic sunset or some seagulls... I would still get a normal zoom like the 16-80 or at least the 35/1.4 or 35/2.

Anyway, the new zoom is for next time.

Thank you, Yannis!

Check out the old Fuji logo! Never see it in "the West" any more.

Simple and recognisable

Hahaha... there are many places in Greece where time has stopped

Yannis1976's gear list:Yannis1976's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Canon G5 X II Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow