to use ND filters for Sigma 14-24mm f/2.8 ART (Nikon F mount)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
phillip518 New Member • Posts: 1
to use ND filters for Sigma 14-24mm f/2.8 ART (Nikon F mount)

Hi:

I am trying to use ND filters for Sigma 14-24mm f/2.8 ART (Nikon F mount, which doesn't have the rear lens filter slot. )

I am under the impression that the only way to achieve this is to use a 150mm (or larger) filter holder. Am I on the right track? (100mm would be too small for this lens, as the diameter of the lens hood is 96.4mm).

Furthermore, it appears to me that I have to use the filter holder that is specifically designed for this particular lens with this particular mount, which limits the options to only a few products. Am I correct on this too?

Also, I have other lenses with different thread sizes.  I should be able to get adapters for those so the same filter holder can be used to those lenses too, right?

If most of the above are true, which filter holder have you used for this lens and would like to recommend?

If some of the above are not true, what are the alternatives without sacrificing the image quality too much?

Thanks!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow