Phillip Forsten Senior Member • Posts: 1,253
Re: H E L P ! ----- How to delete "Apple Maps"

wklee wrote:

Phillip Forsten wrote:

Nick on the Baltic wrote:

May be just my subjective opinion, of course:

I think the satellite imagery is clearer/more detailed

I prefer the typography, find it clearer

I find the turn-by-turn directions while driving easier to follow, and more descriptive, e.g. "stay in the left two lanes" when approaching a junction.

I would prefer it anyway, to avoid being tracked by Google.

One thing Google maps has that I miss is Street View, but I think Apple is rolling out something similar - hasn't got to my part of the world yet though.

Apple Maps has had the equivalent of street view for some time now. It just isn’t in as many places as Google yet. The last time I used it was also much better in quality of images and ease of navigating the streets.

Apple Maps does not work in offline mode in the iPhone from what I've noticed? I use Google Maps more. Apple Maps seems to work better in the US and some other major cities.

I've used Apple's Maps on my iPad mini 4 for 6 years now, but my iPad has an unlimited data plan. It’s always worked really well for me. What I wish it allowed is the driving directions view mode to be displayed when driving normally. It would be extremely handy in the winter for me when dealing with heavy fog on rural roads to see exactly where streets and intersections are at. You can have real time tracking now but it will be with the much more detailed and much smaller text map that would be difficult to read and see. It also will not move the map as you drive along. You would have to keep moving the map yourself. Don’t understand why they don’t implement that. Something so obviously useful, and even potentially life saving.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow