Damien Lovegrove prefers GFX50S (II) to GFX100 (S)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Benjamin Kanarek
Benjamin Kanarek Veteran Member • Posts: 5,079
Re: A simple answer may be...

Rich42 wrote:

John Gellings wrote:

highdesertmesa wrote:

John Gellings wrote:

highdesertmesa wrote:

John Gellings wrote:

...I was just making the observation that people were enamored with the 50R and 50S in the past and now they are not.

You mean back in 2017 when I bought the 50S? I know time flies, but it's been a while. Lots of people may still be using a computer they bought in 2017, but are they expected to still be enamored with it?

I understand your point, but I would consider us spoiled if that is the case. So many people envy those who have a 50s or 50r… and they still offer some of the best IQ available at their price points.

A used 50S/R cost less than a lot of popular cameras right now.

They are still $3000+ used ... not too many new cameras above that price when you think about it.

There is always someone out there that has less than us that would love to have what we do, but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

Ok, fair enough... but these cameras did not stop being great I honestly think we are very spoiled if think they aren't anymore.

...I was just making the observation that people were enamored with the 50R and 50S in the past and now they are not.

I read this as swipe at 100S owners that didn't really seem warranted. Is it necessary to keep propping it up with a defense?

No swipe...the 100s is awesome. I just didn't think I'd see the 50R/50S crapped upon.

John,

I don't think anyone here has "crapped upon" the 50R/50S. That has never happened. That's really an extreme reaction to others just expressing valid observations about the capabilities of the larger sensor and the nimble character of the 100s.

Eventually, Fuji will (I believe) release a camera with a significantly higher resolution sensor than the current 102MP version. And that camera will, additionally, have other technical advancements that will overshadow current models. That's inevitable.

Will we have to consider bruised feelings of GFX 100 and 100S owners then, when describing experiences with that ("better") camera?

I certainly am in support of civility here. But complaining that a model is being "crapped upon" because the capabilities of a more advanced one are discussed is a bit surprising.

Rich

Just USE your cameras..take beautiful images! Make statements! Express yourself. Crappy photographers will always be crappy regardless of the gear they own. Great photographers will take what is given to them and turn an object or person into a piece of art...

Benjamin Kanarek's gear list:Benjamin Kanarek's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D800E Nikon D810 Fujifilm GFX 50S Fujifilm X-T20 +46 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow