Perpignan photojournalism exhibition

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
André BARELIER
OP André BARELIER Forum Pro • Posts: 10,729
Re: Perpignan photojournalism exhibition

Sangster wrote:

Congratulations Andre on another nice set of photos from a region of France many of us in North America are unfamiliar with. I had to look up Perpignan, Elne on a map. In the process discovered I learned it was part of the Kingdom of Majorca with a blend of Catalan and French culture. I bet the cuisine was fantastic.

Thank you for the kind words. Yes, Perpignan was part of the kingdom of Mallorca. And you know what? I'm writing this post from...Palma de Mallorca. We're staying here for one week with friends and our motorbikes. I'll post some pictures when I'm back.

On the topic of photojournalism I wonder if it will survive the ongoing consolidation in media. A common fact cited is that forty years ago American media was owned by 50 companies. Today, this number has shrunk to just six! Trend is perhaps similar in the French media?

Unfortunately, yes: same in France. That's really regrettable

Your description of morning street cleaning in Perpignan's gypsy district is what I observed in India.

Yes, I went in India too, some years ago, and observed the same behavior. And yet, I was in Kerala, not the poorest state in India.

Oh, yes, I did spot the panther

Congratulations. I didn't at first.

-- hide signature --

"No matter how elegant the subject, an image requires something more than a literal recording of that scene. It needs a moment a gesture or light or color to add that third dimension and make it memorable." - Annie Griffiths

-- hide signature --

André

André BARELIER's gear list:André BARELIER's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D3300 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow