Next purchase: 10-24mm (for my X-T4) or swap the whole system for an X100V

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bdotdub New Member • Posts: 1
Next purchase: 10-24mm (for my X-T4) or swap the whole system for an X100V

Hi all – I’ve been thinking about my next purchase and I am weighing two (potentially unconventional) options. I'm hoping to tap into the folks in this community for some advice!

My current setup: X-T4 & 18-55mm kit lens. I love this setup – the X-T4 is just an amazing camera and the lens is a great general purpose lens. I just got back from a trip in Switzerland and the photos this thing made were stunning. IBIS is great

Ok – now to my two options and a brief explanation why:

1. Get a 10-24mm – the kit lens is great but it feels a smidge to tight with the crop sensor. I’d like to add this to my repertoire for better indoor shooting, as well as landscape shooting. In Switzerland, I did feel like I could go a bit wider to capture the unreal landscapes.
  2. Swap my current setup for an X100V – while I love my X-T4, it does feel a bit chunkier than I’d like. It was nice for an epic trip, but less attractive as an everyday carry. From what I’ve heard and seen, the X100V is an amazing camera for that. I’m generally not going on epic trips so this feels like a great camera with an amazing sensor for everyday life.

Has anyone had similar thought processes? Has anyone actually made the switch? I’d love to hear your opinions, comments, and experiences!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow