40mm - Rokkor f2 or Nokton Classic 1.4 on Sony?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
demonboy
demonboy Regular Member • Posts: 348
40mm - Rokkor f2 or Nokton Classic 1.4 on Sony?

Hi,

After some years of buying cheap legacy lenses, I thought I'd treat myself to a decent 40mm. It would be used mainly for street and low-light. I figured an M-mount, because of the adapter, would help keep a low profile, especially mounted on the A7C.

I've been eyeing up the Voigtlander Nokton Classic 40mm f1.4, but also love Minolta Rokkor and understand this is an excellent lens. In fact the Rokkor was top of my list until I thought that the Classic might help keep the size down.

Aside from the usual sharpness, flare, ghosting concerns, my main issue is usability. Of course on the A7C I use focus peaking and zooming so I'm looking for something that is intuitive and easy to handle, especially in low light.

Does anyone have experience of either or, even better, both? Any other 40mm I should consider in this price bracket (£350ish)? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

TIA

Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GCL
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow