Program mode , when and why using it ? Locked

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Klaus dk
Klaus dk Veteran Member • Posts: 8,102
Re: Enough

FrancoD wrote:

Most people don't use most things, so it is more interesting to find out why some do rather then why they don't.

Here is a silly example .

I want to know what is the use of saffron.

Now why would I want to hear from the vast majority of people that don't use it ?

Much more usefull to find out from those that do why they do.

BTW, I have neveer used P but I remember liking the idea of P shift when Pentax came out with it and I demonstrated that to a lot of customers. . I do use saffron

I respectfully disagree. If someone don't use saffron because they've experienced an allergic reaction or other unpleasantness, I'd think it is relevant.

I also think it's relevant to hear from people who don't use P mode for whatever reasons they have. I think that the worry some may have of not getting the optimum exposure is relevant, although I personally think it is somewhat overstated, but never the less it should be taken into consideration by people who wonder if or why P mode is for them.

I think we sometimes forget that in matters of taste and habits, we can't be right or wrong, but we can have our reasons. Sharing those reasons with beginners, making it possible for them to make their own decisions is an act of kindness. Getting at each others' throaths over it, is a lose-lose proposition, IMHO.

Klaus dk's gear list:Klaus dk's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS R Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 135mm F2.8 SF Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow