Is taking a photo of a room that has artwork on the wall copyright infringement?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Brett8883 Regular Member • Posts: 485
Is taking a photo of a room that has artwork on the wall copyright infringement?

I was at a job today taking real Estate photos of an office suite for the owner of the building and someone in the office was concerned that me taking a photo of a room that had a photograph printed on the wall would be copyright infringement.

Sounds kinda dumb cause if that’s the case than anyone who ever took a photo of a room with artwork in it would also be in violation which sounds ridiculous but you never know.

Anyway, the interest of my photo was on the room not the photograph on the wall and I would be licensing my photo to the owner of the building who can use it for any purpose he wants so I don’t really have control over how he uses it. If this really is copyright infringement who is infringing on the copyright? Me for taking the photo or him for distributing my photo?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow