Is the 800mm f11 sharper than the 100-500L? Link/comparison inside.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tr3v420 Forum Member • Posts: 74
Is the 800mm f11 sharper than the 100-500L? Link/comparison inside.

I have a hard time understanding all the numbers, but the photo comparisons appear to show that in this test, the 800mm f11 with and without the 1.4x is sharper than the 100-500 with and without 1.4tc in these tests.

R5 detailed lens testing of RF 100-500 f4.5-7.1 vs. RF 800 f11, with & without RF 1.4x TC, for super-telephoto use. | Page 2 | Canon Rumors - Your best source for Canon rumors, leaks and gossip

Am i misinterpreting these results? Am I blind? If close enough, will the extra MM on the non L lens out resolve the L lens? I signed up for the forums there to ask this question but they have a weird way of approving new accounts lol.

edit: I ask this question, because im close to ordering the 100-500, and i currently have the 800mm f11. I was thinking of selling the 800 f11 and buying a TC for the 100-500 for more range. Would i be better off just keeping the 800mm instead of picking up a TC? The only downfalls at this point is the limited focus area and MFD, which thus far i havent found too hard to deal with, especially with the BIF i tend to enjoy.

Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow