5D mk IV joystick / multi controller failure fix estimate?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mika Y.
Mika Y. Senior Member • Posts: 1,796
5D mk IV joystick / multi controller failure fix estimate?

My trusty 5D mk IV's multi controller / joystick failed unexpectedly yesterday while I was shooting an young deer that I encountered on a post-lunch working from home walk. Since it's dead even in the menus and image playback, I suppose it's a genuine hardware failure.

Just out of curiosity, has this happened to other folks and if so, what was the eventual repair bill? I did deliver the body to a local repair service this morning, but they did estimate that the repair cost estimate would be ready only after the weekend. They did speculate it might require replacing the entire back of the body due to weather sealing.

Unless the price is surprisingly high I'm just going to get the body repaired since I've been very much satisfied by the image quality, but obviously something that's a significant portion of its actual value might convince me to upgrade instead.

Mika Y.'s gear list:Mika Y.'s gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS Rebel T4i Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM +13 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow