Perpignan photojournalism exhibition

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Sangster Senior Member • Posts: 1,143
Re: Perpignan photojournalism exhibition

Congratulations Andre on another nice set of photos from a region of France many of us in North America are unfamiliar with. I had to look up Perpignan, Elne on a map. In the process discovered I learned it was part of the Kingdom of Majorca with a blend of Catalan and French culture. I bet the cuisine was fantastic.

On the topic of photojournalism I wonder if it will survive the ongoing consolidation in media. A common fact cited is that forty years ago American media was owned by 50 companies. Today, this number has shrunk to just six! Trend is perhaps similar in the French media?

Your description of morning street cleaning in Perpignan's gypsy district is what I observed in India.

Oh, yes, I did spot the panther

-- hide signature --

"No matter how elegant the subject, an image requires something more than a literal recording of that scene. It needs a moment a gesture or light or color to add that third dimension and make it memorable." - Annie Griffiths

Sangster's gear list:Sangster's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow