Lens hood experiences on the X100V

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
surfoxy
surfoxy Contributing Member • Posts: 626
Lens hood experiences on the X100V

In October 2020, I bought the Fuji lens hood and adapter ring (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004NROYUS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title), as well as the filter for the X100V to weather seal it, protect the lens, etc. It worked well enough, but one annoying thing was that the Fuji hood never really attached firmly to the adapter it was designed for. It stayed on, but any light touch in the wrong direction would move it into a position where it might come off, it just didn't snap into place like I'd have expected. Not a big deal of course, but I never was happy with that and I figured it would come off and I'd lose it at some point. Well misfortune came my way eventually and I dropped the camera while walking up the stairs in my home. I guess being home I was being careless and wasn't using the wrist strap. Anyway, it landed right on the hood, but that Fuji hood did its job and took the blow. Feel really lucky it landed how it did!

That was the end of that hood, because...well...I am too much invested in the appearance of that beautiful camera to have a dented hood. So I got the JJC version (https://www.amazon.com/JJC-Fujifilm-Replaces-Aluminum-alloy-Silver/dp/B0797Q4LHD/ref=sr_1_5) to replace it, and sure enough that bad boy is almost TOO TIGHT on there, but it goes on and stays put.

The point of all this is to say that if you are having the same "issue" and don't like the loose fit of the Fuji hood, the JJC one is spot on. Or if you're thinking of getting the hood and adapter, maybe consider the JJC straight away. Hope that helps!

JJC hood...

-- hide signature --

Chris

surfoxy's gear list:surfoxy's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow