60D with kit lenses to R5 / R6

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Snoopy_1812 New Member • Posts: 1
60D with kit lenses to R5 / R6

Been using a 60D for about ten years now. Bought it with kit lens 18-55 and later bought a 55-250, which was also delivered as a kit lens at the time. Bought a 50mm 1.8 later.

The slow focussing, the general performance of the kit lenses and the general performance of the 60D are annoying. The really sharpest images come from the 50mm. Some lucky shots with the kit lenses.

All these annoyances hinder me to take photos at all.

I want a set that focusses fast and delivers sharp images. Not to keen on editting every photo to get a good result.

Been viewing many videos, now wanting an R5 or R6. Prefer the R5, because of the crop possibilities with the more megapixels.

I want to take photos indoors, let's say in a theatre (never done before, but really want that), outdoors, outdoor portraits (used the 50mm mostly for that). Would be nice to be able to follow fast moving objects. Bit of allround use.

Viewed many videos, can't decide what to do.

I see the 24-105 F4 L being discussed much for outdoor. How is it this for outdoor portraits? I think about getting this lens.

If I buy that lens, then I don't want to spend too much on also an indoor lens, let's say €500 max. What is good for indoors? If I buy a good indoor lens, with 1.8 or something else lower than 4, could I use it for outdoor portraits?

Is it wise to invest in EF-lenses with an adapter or should I better go for RF?

Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow