1Ds Mark III Arrival Today (WOW!)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
3Percent
3Percent Forum Member • Posts: 95
1Ds Mark III Arrival Today (WOW!)

So very amazed how good the image files look.

If one were to go to DXOMark and look at a score, you'd think the 1Ds Mk III was mediocre in comparison to new gen sensors. That is absolutely not the case in any way!

But OH my the mids, color depth, and ultra clean shadows... and more dynamic range than I expected by far!

This sensor absolutely trashes my A900 24mp sensor in quality of the files, and its only 1 point higher on DXOMark's rating than the A900? My goodness something is really afoul there.

I'm going to keep taking pics and developing raws but my initial review of these files is mindboggling good. I should have got this camera years ago.

What a great compliment to my 1D Mark IV.

And to think that all it took was 2 consumer level plastic DSLR's gathering dust on my shelf in trade with MPB- great company. I got the notification the day before yesterday they had one back in stock, and it's in nearly brand new condition too.

Talk about floored, what a great day!

3Percent's gear list:3Percent's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital IV Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm X20 Canon PowerShot S120 Sony RX10 II +26 more
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1Ds Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Nikon Coolpix A900
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow