DTP20 with X-Rite Pulse Color Elite on a Win 10 64 bit system.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
reid thaler
reid thaler Senior Member • Posts: 1,699
Re: My experience

I just did this last week! If you open the DPT 20, be careful as you may cry when all the little mirrors fall out...

The driver at found at https://www.xrite.com/service-support/downloads/u/unified_32_and_64-bit_drivers_98_2000-xp_and_vista

You have to re-boot windows to start without requiring driver sign in:

Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click the Restart button. When your computer restarts you'll see a list of options. Press F7 on your keyboard to select Disable driver signature enforcement. Your computer will now restart and you'll be able to install unsigned drivers.

Go to Device Manager and look for the DTP 20 and install by pointing to the unzipped driver folder.

And this is REALLY important:  Connect the DPT 20 via a USB hub and NOT directly to your computer or you may BSOD.

AND if you are really, really, luck it will all work--most of the time.  I've had mine read some test targets and not others.  It's making me think about another profiler.  Does the Color Munki Photo work well?  How many test patches?

It used to be that I needed to make profiles.  Now a lot of papers have their own to download.  Ditched my Espsons, and now running a Canon 4100.

-- hide signature --

Thanks!
Reid
Photography Education and Lightroom Instructor, San Francisco Bay Area
www.lumiograph.com
Kodak Brownie
Argus 126
Quaker Oats Container Pinhole Camera

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow