Olympus 2X electronic teleconverter

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
mwhyte
mwhyte Regular Member • Posts: 221
Re: Olympus 2X electronic teleconverter

I know many here will say the use of the 2x digital TC to be photographic blasphemy…but I use it a fair bit..Yes people, I know you can crop in post and yes I know it offers not a lot of real advantages to cropping in post…

So why then…Well I do get the occasional 2x digital shot that turns out quite well and becomes a keeper, it helps me compose with a crop right in camera, and it also helps with metering the scene as it meters just the 2x cropped part (I am pretty sure anyways)…Plus it is just fun, as it is a free way to add more reach to all your lenses…I use it a lot with my 12-100 to give me a 400mm EQ FOV…

I also almost always shoot RAW+JPG so if a 2x digital TC shot does not turn out I have the none cropped RAW file to fall back on…

If you think you will use it often then I recommend setting the TC to a button on your camera…I have mine set to a custom button and whenever I want to punch in I just push this button to enable the 2x TC…

-- hide signature --

Bring your camera everywhere, as you never know what the world will give you.

mwhyte's gear list:mwhyte's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow