Imaging Edge Remote does not detect a1

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
brendanpaxton
brendanpaxton Forum Member • Posts: 54
Imaging Edge Remote does not detect a1

Imaging Edge Remote can't detect my camera on the local network. I'm using an Ethernet connection at the camera and that's essentially passing through multiple network switches.

I can ping the camera just fine from my computer. The camera says it's connected to the network on its screen. I've manually set the following settings on the a1:

Standard LAN IP = 192.168.0.55

Subnet mask = 255.255.255.0

Default gateway = 192.168.0.1

I've tried many different default gateway numbers with the same result. The Sony a1 does not allow you to type in 0.0.0.0 so I've tried making the default gateway 192.168.0.55 as well. I've also tried making the default gateway the IP of each network switch on the network. No avail. But again, each time: I can always ping the camera. Imaging Edge just doesn't auto detect it.

When using the "Remote Camera Tool" software from Sony (not Imaging Edge Remote but the basic stills software) I can manually type in the IP 192.168.0.55 and see it just fine. But the fancy Imaging Edge Remote software does not allow you to type in the IP manually.

Can anyone help?

-- hide signature --
 brendanpaxton's gear list:brendanpaxton's gear list
Sigma sd Quattro H Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Sigma 20mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Sigma 105mm F2.8 DG DN Macro +2 more
Sony a1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow