Newbie here looking for new camera (prefer Canon) mostly for sports / action photography

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mdcubsfan New Member • Posts: 13
Newbie here looking for new camera (prefer Canon) mostly for sports / action photography

Hi all - I'm brand new to the forum and looking to upgrade from an old Canon T4i that I rarely use anymore.  This may be blasphemy to most here, but 95% of my photos are now taken on my iPhone 12 pro max and I'm perfectly happy with that (although I may not know what I'm missing!). I love the good quality shots on the iPhone and mostly the convenience of portability and having it accessible all the time.  I only use my Canon for sports shots of my kids and when we travel to national parks, for shooting wildlife.

But I'm looking to upgrade for the sports shots and wildlife shots and started reading through lots of articles and reviews.  I'm partial to Canon simply because I'm familiar with them and have a few lenses already.

I was initially looking at DSLR like the 90D or T8i but wanted something more "future proof" and started looking at mirrorless for that reason and for the smaller sizes.  I'm looking at the R6 because it looks like it is reasonably sized for mirrorless and receives high grades for autofocus and high frames per second.  I know it's a sizable investment but given that I upgrade my digital cameras every 10 years or so, I want to get something good that I can use now and for a long time.

Thanks for any help, suggestions, or pointers!

Canon EOS R6 Canon EOS Rebel T4i (EOS 650D / EOS Kiss X6i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow