Problems with Nik Collection 4 Latest Version

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
John_Hoffman
John_Hoffman Senior Member • Posts: 2,062
Problems with Nik Collection 4 Latest Version

I am wondering if others have run into problems with the latest version of Nik Collection 4.

Windows 10 PC fully up to date with MS updates.

1. installed the latest version of Nik4 (4.1.something)
2. go to start Photoshop and it generates an error message about installing updated version of Nik and program shuts down.
3. Go to Control Panel Programs and Features to delete Nik and the there is no program entry. (Previous version 4.0.7 did show up in the program list)
4. Go to DxO site and download Nik.
5. Try install the download and get error message that this version is already installed. (First time I ever encountered a software that would not allow it to be reinstalled over itself.
6. Tried using the MS tool for uninstall. Ran for about five minutes, produced a Fixed popup.
7. Try to install Nik; same error message.
8. Deleted all DxO software. Went into registry and deleted any reference I could find to DxO and Nik.
9. Same error message.
10. Found a saved download to an earlier version of Nik4 (4.0.7).
11. I was able to install that. Ps opened and worked fine. Nik was installed in Ps and tools worked.
12. Nik 4.0.7 generated a popup that said there was an update available.
13. Downloaded the update and same Ps crash.
14. Was able to reinstall 4.0.7 and Ps was back to functioning.
15. Not any real help from DxO. They just seemed to recommending standard steps w/o really reading what I was reporting to them.

No problems with 4.1 version functioning correctly on my MacBook.

-- hide signature --

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John_Hoffman's gear list:John_Hoffman's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow