I just ordered my second EM-1 II new w/1yr

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gary from Seattle Veteran Member • Posts: 5,911
I just ordered my second EM-1 II new w/1yr

Out yesterday with the EM-1 I, I realized once again how good that camera is and know that the EM-1 II is even better especially with regard to highlight control in DR, and for me in Focus Stacking.

I have used my first EM-1 II for approaching two years now and it was purchased used. It went bad (electronics) in about three months and I expect that is why it was available used at a good price. It was repaired by Olympus, though, and has worked flawlessly since, which is more typical for the EM-1 II.

I know this body is so very good with what I like to do which is hiking-based landscape and winter walks and backcountry skiing.

The body is getting hard to find, although the Olympus refurbished outlet store has one now. But finding a new one is getting quite difficult. I got mine for $949 new with a factory 1 year warranty from B&H. In my circumstance I did not feel like I needed an extended warranty because of it's reliability and the fact that I have a couple other bodies. The EM-1 II is quite good for birding, but the EM-1X is somewhat better and extremely quick in acquiring focus. I use the latter for birds, butterflies, and bees.

B&H still has a few others new. KEH, for instance, did not have even one used EM-1 II.

Gary from Seattle's gear list:Gary from Seattle's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow