Current State-of-the-Art in SPP Processing Alternatives?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
stansbca Forum Member • Posts: 63
Current State-of-the-Art in SPP Processing Alternatives?

Hello all. I am currently on vacation and happily snapping away with my DP2M. However, if it's like previous vacations, I'll get back and stick my camera on my desk--> dreading processing my photos and avoiding it for months (knowing how painful it will be).

I was wondering what the current state of the art seems to be in relation to processing primarily outside of SPP? For instance?:

• Are there any suitable raw converters that can compare in quality while being faster?
  • Are there workable X3F to DNG converters? (Last I tried Kalpanika, it failed on many files)
  • Is there a suitable workflow for generically processing a folder of X3F in SPP to TIFF or other format such that similar post-processing results are possible in other programs? I love what SPP can do, but it's just glacially slow.

Thanks, in advance, for any advice. I'm interested to hear what successful workflows have been established.

Sigma DP2 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow