DTP20 with X-Rite Pulse Color Elite on a Win 10 64 bit system.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
NAwlins Contrarian Veteran Member • Posts: 6,460
My experience

Moving my photo editing to a new Win 10 machine .... Loaded Pulse Color Elite on the new machine. No driver for the DTP20 was installed. And haven't been able to find one yet using Google. Anybody here successfully load it on a Win 10 64 bit machine. If so how. Program does load and I can print targets, just can't read them and generate a profile. Still have Pulse Color Elite loaded on another Win 7 machine but am hoping to have all the photo editing and printing programs on the new machine. Thanks for any help including that it can't be done.

Some time back I bought a really pristine Pulse Color Elite kit on eBay. Bob (Petruska) is the guru and hero of these devices, and he was extremely patient and helpful in my attempts to get mine running. Unfortunately I did not succeed. I don't know why, but my leading suspicion is that the battery inside mine is shot, and therefore to make it work I'd need a new battery (which I don't think is normally a user-replaceable item) or the AC adapter (which was not part of the usual kit, it was an optional accessory).

But the bigger warning is that even Bob says you can, and evidently I did, really mess up Windows in the process of trying to install it. Fixing that involved hours of headache. That's not to say you can't or won't succeed--you probably will. But be careful!

FWIW, I eventually got a used ColorMunki Photo on eBay, which has been working fine. Last I really looked, they were available in decent condition from reputable sellers for about $125.

But I'd still like to get that darn Pulse Color Elite working.

NAwlins Contrarian's gear list:NAwlins Contrarian's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S30 Canon PowerShot S120 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow