Discrepancies between Lightroom and Browser

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Simon Garrett Veteran Member • Posts: 7,210
Re: Discrepancies between Lightroom and Browser

newmy51 wrote:

Hello DPReview,

I am using Lightroom Classic 10.1.1 on a Windows 10 machine with a crummy loaner Acer V233H while I await the arrival of a proper IPS display. I have calibrated the display with DisplayCal (3.8.9.3) and installed the following profile:

https://pastebin.com/9jTu8gfz

I have some cell phone photos (which I don't mind editing on such a display) that I've edited for upload to a web database, and am noticing that both Chrome (93.0.4577.82) and Firefox (89.0.2) are showing slightly but annoyingly washed out version of my finished images.

Chrome (left) Lightroom (right)

I have set sRGB as the desired color space in the export process. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Any and all help greatly appreciated,

-newmy51

Minor points: the latest Lightroom is 10.4, the latest Firefox is 92.0.  I don't know about Chrome, I've not got that loaded.

However, even those older versions should still show the same appearance.  For both Firefox and Chrome, they should work with default settings.  No need to alter any profile or colour management settings (best leave them all at default settings for fault-finding).

Make sure that the profile you've created is set as the default profile at Control Panel -> Colour Management.

That Acer monitor has a limited colour gamut, and it's TN, so colour will change as you move your head position, but Lightroom, Firefox and Chrome should display the same.

Some web content management systems remove the profile on uploading; for example most Wordpress systems do that (which shows how clueless most web developers are about colour).

What "web database" are you using?

-- hide signature --

Simon

Simon Garrett's gear list:Simon Garrett's gear list
Nikon D800
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow