Beware of a DPR Scam !!!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Lensmate
Lensmate Veteran Member • Posts: 6,493
Re: Beware of a DPR Scam !!!

photoholiko wrote:

I am writing this to make DPR members aware of this scam.

I got an email claiming to be a DPR survey. I filled out the very short survey and they offered a watch and other items for free with just a $7 shipping charge.

I received the cheap watch. Today I noticed a recurring charge on my bank account for $98.54. I didn't know what that was for, fortunately there provided a phone number.

So I called, they told me that I didn't return the watch after a 14 day trial and had to pay for the watch. I said, first of all the watch isn't worth $98.54 and second there was no mention of a 14 day trial, it said a free watch which means you people are a scam.

I said, I'll send you the watch and you need to give me a refund. She replied with an apology and said that she will discount the watch and I will only have to pay $49. I said no, I want a total refund, then she said ok and will cancel the order. She gave me a cancellation number and said it will take three t five day to receive my money.

We'll see if that happens, I will let you know the outcome.

Maybe brings this to DPR's attention.

-M

Lensmate's gear list:Lensmate's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F717 Sony RX100 Sony RX100 VII Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony SLT-A55 +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow