Leica Q2 LR vs C1Pro (ACR bad?)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
abracadabenhotmailfr Contributing Member • Posts: 805
Leica Q2 LR vs C1Pro (ACR bad?)

So Im a LR Classic user. Ive had several cameras and occasionally used C1Pro. Never really switched because I prefer the workflow and performances of LR (especially the latest updates).

I have a Q2 and I noticed like on several reviews that lifting shadows can look really bad; especially in deep shadows at higher ISO (2500 and higher).

But it really bugged me because at some point when you push at 100 it can look real stupid (like blinking while you move the slider). And I had never seen that with other cameras. my M10-R has no issue (my fuji either etc...)
So I decided to try C1Pro. And what a surprise. the issue is non existent. of course at 6400 its not great but its miles away from the LR buggy results.

I tried Photoshop, same issue, LR cloud, same issue. iPhoto, no problem

So I wonder if ACR doesnt have an issue with reading the DNG out of the Q2.

Then I checked lower ISO shadow recovery and C1Pro definitely does a better job still (even though LR looks fine at low ISO)

any feedback/thoughts on your experience? am I missing something???

I attached 2 crops to illustrate the issue. 1st is LR second is C1Pro. its a small portion but the overall image looks real bad.
I tried several noise reduction settings etc... doesnt make a big difference
EDIT: Seems like its only the shadow slider acting up past 50. the curve sliders dont have that issue at all. even when boosting shadows and darks

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow