SpyderX Pro: Can I make two different profiles for 1 monitor with spyderX?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Afura New Member • Posts: 6
SpyderX Pro: Can I make two different profiles for 1 monitor with spyderX?

Hello,

I lately bought a spyderX pro and I tried to do some calibrations on my Dell S2721QS for the first time. I calibrated the screen on 120 cd/m2 with 6500K. But now my issue is that the screen is very dark. It is fine for using photoshop, but for daily use like web surfing, word, gaming and watching videos the screen is too dim for me, I tried to get used to it during the last days, but I can't.
So I tried to make 2 profiles with the spyderX software. I calibrated the screen once on 120 cd/m2 6500K for making a photo editing profile and then right after it I made a second calibration for daily use on 200 cd/m2 and 6500K. I have two colour profiles now under display settings in windows. My question is, does this even work what I am trying to do here? And I guess I also need to manually change the brightness on my monitor settings everytime I switch between the two colour profiles?

My second question is, do I even need to make 2 different profiles? Or could I just make one single profile let's say for photo editing on 120 cd/m2 and then just increase the brightness manually in my monitor settings if I need the monitor for something else like daily use and web surfing? Or does this mess up the calibrated color profile if I change the brightness in my monitor settings?
Thank you

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow