Covered Bridge

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
zackiedawg Forum Pro • Posts: 34,595
Joachim,

Beautiful bridge and lovely series.  Amazing woodwork, and nice to see some old-world craftsmanship being used (though not always respected, apparently!).

Personal opinion here: I strongly dislike the whole graffiti trend - if it was in certain designated areas maybe, but especially in Europe it's an absolute scourge on amazing historical buildings, landmarks, monuments, etc - and it's tolerated if not almost encouraged.  Not sure if Canada goes that route now or not - I haven't noticed any out-of-control graffiti allowed in Quebec City, and Ottawa and Montreal seems to keep it away from historic buildings and landmarks at least.

It's actually painful to me to see graffiti on a lovely bridge built in that classic style, all wood, just like the originals, and in such a lovely setting.  Let graffiti stick to dense urban areas and modern concrete buildings if it's going to be allowed.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony a6600 Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +21 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow