Is anybody going to use the 40 mm f2 on the Z50/Zfc?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Nevermess Regular Member • Posts: 432
Re: Is anybody going to use the 40 mm f2 on the Z50/Zfc?

Franz304 wrote:

I rarely do portrait, but, while I think the 40 mm can be good for that, wouldn't the 50 mm f1.8 be much better for not that much more money?

I personally have no interest in getting a lens because it can also used for FF, as I intend to stay APS-C. I think there are many others like me, though Nikon doesn't seem to recognize that, given that their strategy is all about pushing people to FX.

As for the Viltrox lenses, I think I will also end up getting one, probably the 23 mm. I have been eyeing those since announcement and they seem pretty good lenses for their price.

I would not consider 40mm good for portrait on DXC. 50 mm is the minimum. You can consider Viltrox 56 1.4 as it is only 329$ and has excellent reviews from actual buyers:

Viltrox 56 1.4 Buyers review

Nikon 50mm 1.8 Z lens is 597$ and it is also bigger, slow and heavier. If you are not planning to migrate to FF Viltrox might be the better choice.

Nevermess's gear list:Nevermess's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow