My next lens buy

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gearacquisitionsyndrom New Member • Posts: 17
My next lens buy

Hey guys!

So I bought my Canon R5 in June of this year I also bought a 24-105mm f4 rf lens and a 50mm rf 1.2 (the last one is the best lens I've used).

I have been trying to save up for the Canon RF 70-200 2.8. But it's so f.. expensive.

I also bought a film camera, Canon EOS 630 but have no lens to go with it.

So I was thinking of getting a good lens with EF mount (since I have the EF to RF adapter) that would work on the 630 analogue, but also that would do well on the 45 mpx R5.

The Sigma 35 1.4 is what comes to mind? I'm also considering Tamron 35 1.4.

It doesn't have to be a 35 mm, but if I'm using the lens on a 630 I would prefer it having some width.

Kind of contradictary, but I have also been considering the Canon 135 f 2 and Sigma 135 1.8. I know they are somewhat heavier, and probably not perfect on the R5, but would help me get a more portrait oriented lens for the R5.

In the long run I'd get both a fast 35 mm and a more tele prime :/ Just not sure what I'd get first. If the 35mm Canon EF usm 2 was cheaper I'd get that, but it's almost twice the price of a used Sigma or Tamron 35 1.4....

Any tips or advice to get some perspective?

Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow