Way forward for hybrid shooting w/ existing lens wardrobe

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
scrdhrt New Member • Posts: 6
Way forward for hybrid shooting w/ existing lens wardrobe

Hi,

I am contemplating the way forward for my camera setup and would like some input and feedback.

Background:

I've been using a Nikon system since the dawn of time and have been mainly a stills photographer, but have also been shooting some video in the past using regular video recording equipment, not DSLR-style. However, it's been a minute and then some since I was in the game, and I am not at all updated on the mirrorless systems.

Current system is a Nikon D700 with a Nikkor 24-70 2.8 and a Nikkor 70-200 2.8 VR, and a Nikkor 60mm 2.8 macro lens. I am currently using the D700 with the macro lens for DSLR scanning of analouge film negatives. My current stills photography is done with film cameras, not digital.

In addition to the Nikon equipment, I also have a large collection of  manual focus m42-mount lenses from the 70s. My research tells me it's popular to use/adapt these for video nowdays.

As I want to create more video (short films, familiy life and the like) I have been looking into what options I have. I don't have unlimited budget, but are prone to stick to a system/setup for a long time and rather pay a little more for a future and bullet proof system.

So my needs for a new digital system are primarily video capabilities and stills photo second (DSLR scanning mainly), and since I have some quality lenses for F-mount I am looking investing further into Nikon.

As I understand it, the Nikon Z6ii has been very well received, both in regards to build a mirrorless video rig around, and also as a stills camera. On the other hand I have the option to get a Panasonic S1H, also well regarded I've been told, for a steal.

The Z6ii comes with the FTZ adapter, so I can use my F-mount lenses nativley, and I need to get some sort of adapter for the m42 lenses, if possible (?). Can the S1H use the Nikkor lenses with an adapter? I know the S1H can use the m42 with an adapter.

I am leaning towards the Nikon due to my Nikkor lenses, but I am not set with that brand. I can sell the whole shebang for a great system. How would you reason about this?

Thanks

Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow