In the market for a new laptop...budget not important. Lenovo? Mac? HELP!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Boused1234 Regular Member • Posts: 227
In the market for a new laptop...budget not important. Lenovo? Mac? HELP!

Hey everyone. Long story short, I've been a Macbook user for as long as I can remember, but am finally tired of their machines getting more expensive, and not increasing performance.

I've been waiting for the Lenovo 2021 models, and feel like I've landed on the X1 Carbon Gen 9, fully built.

I don't mind spending money on the ideal unit, but don't care to spend money "I don't need to"

Looking at a fully maxed out X1 Carbon with i7 Vpro, 32gb ram, LTE, and so on, I can get one for $2k. A Macbook of the same price gets half the specs.

Next option is a X1 Extreme, built out with i9, 64gb ram, no LTE, 2tb...runs around $4500

I shoot with an A7riii, so my files are large...but my Macbook with i5 and 16gb handled it just fine when it was new...even extreme luminosity masks in PS.

Has anyone run Lightroom and PS on an X1 Carbon Gen 9? It's hard to argue with the price point for the hardware you get, and take into account it's a lenovo...build quality and keyboard unmatched...

Would you feel comfortable with the X1 Carbon Gen 9 maxed out for moderate photo editing? Any other suggestions? I'd like to stay in the 2-3k range...but can spring for the 4k point...

I just hate to spend 5k on a Macbook specced the same as a 2k Lenovo.

Boused1234's gear list:Boused1234's gear list
Sony RX100 V
Leica X1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow