An EOS 3 users reaction to the R3

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
vmarks Regular Member • Posts: 167
An EOS 3 users reaction to the R3

Hi,

Back in the day I used to shoot at EOS 3 film body and loved it. The thing felt blazingly fast and the viewfinder massive and bright. I really liked the ergonomics, it really was a joy to use (maybe my memory is making it feel better than it was but I've long hoped for a "Digital EOS 3").

I'm currently using a 5D mk IV which is an awesome camera and gives great results and IQ. The R5 with RF series glass seem to deliver even better IQ to me, so I've been considering the jump to RF for that reason.

I was hoping the EOS 3 would be the body to compel me to make the change but now the "digital 3" is finally here, I feel a little disappointed. The viewfinder is basically the same as the R5 (dimensions, resolution, viewpoint just improved refresh rate?) and the IQ of the samples posted to date seem very pedestrian (and inferior to the R5). I was in the "megapixels don't matter" camp, but maybe they do matter after all.

I shoot mainly candid portraiture, travel and sports (always RAW with PP). Perhaps the R5 series is the best choice for me. Is the R5 always going to represent the pinnacle of IQ for Canon users?

I was hoping R3 would be a "better, faster" R5 - but it seems to be more of a "professional sport photog" tool. Maybe I was crazy to consider between the R5 and R3?

-vmarks

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow