Thunder Over New Hampshire FZ1000M2

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Harry Zee
Harry Zee Contributing Member • Posts: 519
Thunder Over New Hampshire FZ1000M2

(Former) Pease AFB, Portsmouth, NH Sunday 9/12

Mixed feelings regarding my shoot last week at Brunswick, ME with the Blue Angels and the below selection from Pease. Stayed primarily with Shutter Priority at Brunswick with essentially disappointing results. Used Aperture Priority primarily at Pease. Using SP and 1/25 to 1/60 for prop aircraft mostly produced very overexposed shots. Some worked, most missed. Not sure what to do about that. Found that shooting the F22 and F35 with their very effective gray low visibility paint difficult as the paint job really makes pulling detail out tough! Some decent results here, though. Definitely out of practice as it has been at least three years since I shot an airshow. Have also noticed my 75 year old eyes are not what they used to be using the eyepiece. Got a detachable shade for the lcd screen but it arrived too late to practice with prior to Sunday. Using the lcd screen flipped around and in line with the camera barrel might be a better option for me at this point. Hope to attend the major airshow next Fall at the Military Aviation Museum in Virginia Beach along with revisiting Rhinebeck, NY. Comments and suggestions welcome. You can do a search here and find my previous airshows done with various camera over the years.

Link to full album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/epGoiL2bvbYAGQHA9
--
Harry Zee

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow