Best point-and-shoot camera for motorbike racing

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
John Crowe
John Crowe Senior Member • Posts: 1,844
Re: Best point-and-shoot camera for motorbike racing

I started motorsports photography with about 6 major events from 1984 to 1990.  I have been going to 2-4 major events each year for the past 20 years.

A lot of camera and lens upgrades over the years were key to getting awesome images.

Like others I wonder why you would only be interested in this as a one off event.  Getting memorable images of motor sporting events is not easy.  If this is truly a one off event, and you don't even intend to use a camera for any other purpose then I would stick with your phone.

If you chose to proceed definitely buy used to maximize your budget.  Check and see if any P&S has fast AF.   Focus on 24/25mm to 400/2000mm focal length bodies. The last P&S I had was useless for sports due to awful AF.  The alternative is an intro APS-C or 4/3 body with xx-300mm zoom.  Chose thoughtfully so you can use it going forward for other photographic interests.

John Crowe's gear list:John Crowe's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Kenko Teleplus Pro 300 AF 1.4x Venus Laowa 12mm F2.8 Zero-D +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow