Video FPS and Shutter Speed?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Zoba132 Contributing Member • Posts: 558
Video FPS and Shutter Speed?

Hi everyone,

I'm a Video Gamer, so for me, more FPS is always better. I can clearly tell the difference between a 30FPS game an and a 60FPS game. 30FPS, look jerky to me. On my phone device for example, I can clearly tell during quick phone movement, if this was videoed at 30FPS or 60FPS, as movement is very jerky on 30FPS.

My Camera supports all kind of FPS. 23.976, 25, 50, 60 - etc etc.

So I know back at the day - NTSC content was at 30FPS, and PAL 25FPS. My TV, and Monitor, can handle both today, so is there any reason why not to go with the highest option (30FPS) even though I'm in a PAL region?

Also, people mentioned 50/60 FPS is basically for slow-motion capture. Is it JUST for slow-motion capture? is there any reason why I shouldn't take videos at 60FPS if that looks smoother during quick Camera turns?

And lastly, I tried to shot manual Video, as I wanted to set the Focus point. I set Shutter speed to be Auto, but to my understand, It should always be double your FPS? to help perception of movement (which means less Jerky videos?), is that True?

Thanks!

Zoba132's gear list:Zoba132's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 II
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow